Please note/be advised:
- Time slot selected might not be guaranteed / available. Should it happen that the time slot you have selected is not available we will let you know immediately and advise alternative time(s) available.
- Meeting time is 30 min prior to your booked time.
Eg. If you are booked for 11 am , you need to be there by 10:30 am.
Cape Town is known for its pristine beaches with blue water and offers great waves but there is no better way than to spend it sailing around the V&A Waterfront and we offer the opportunity to do so! Jump on a vessel that is ideal for sailing in Table Bay and the surrounding coastline, and for taking in the stunning mountain views from the vantage point of the ocean.
Set sail on this 1 hour sailing experience. It is a fun and informative introduction to sailing to destinations such as Robben Island, Blouberg Beaches or Clifton Beaches depending on weather and wind direction.
Approx 1 hour
Start & End point
R 340.00 per person
Everyday (weather dependant)
11:00 &/or 13:00
1 hour sailing cruise
All items of a personal nature, tips, transport
What to bring
Always dress comfortably and bring a warm jacket and camera
Sailing in the bay aboard a SCHOONER; Esperance
Esperance, a twin-masted schooner that brings alive the essence of true sailing. Spend an exciting hour in Table Bay: ride the yacht’s bowsprit and enjoy spectacular views with the wind in your hair. With sunken seating areas below the deck line – both forward and behind the cabin – to offer some protection from the elements as well as a covered refreshment area, it's an hour of maritime magic.
Variation to cruise (due to weather)
For all the vessels, when the seas are running too high or the wind is unpleasantly strong, instead of heading into Table Bay the destination is the Cape Town Harbour for a Harbour Lights Cruise; a perfect alternative offering magical views of Table Mountain and the lights of Cape Town and the harbour in the evening. In extreme conditions, the skipper will take every aspect into account, and even stay dockside to ensure the safety of the passengers .
Duration: Approx. 1 hour.
When: 7 Days a week. Weather permitting.
Where: V&A Waterfront
What to Wear: Always dress comfortably and bring a warm jacket and camera.
Things to Bring: Warm jacket and camera.
Minimum Age: 0
Minimum Height: 0.0 m
Maximum Height: 0.0 m
Fitness Level: Not Applicable
Qualifications: Not Applicable
Minimum Weight: Not Applicable
Maximum Weight: Not Applicable
Certification: None Required
Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: 1 hour sailing cruise.
Exclusions: All items of a personal nature, tips, transport.
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date:
100% credit as Travel Credit / 95% refund
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date:
100% credit as Travel Credit / 80% refund
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date:
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”:
No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refunds and Travel Credit values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
* The Travel Credit option may be selected up till 7 days prior to your start / departure date. The travel credit should be used within a 24 month period from the issue date unless stated otherwise. Where a travel credit option is selected, payment in FULL must be made to Cape Xtreme if the booking was made through a Travel Agent. Please be advised that a travel credit is selected instead of a cancellation charge and will result in no refunds being issued. After the travel credit has been selected no further alterations can be made / no refunds will be issued should you make any changes again.
* Please be sure to read through our full terms & conditions here: www.capextreme.com/terms