Are you visiting Cape Town for a limited time, but still want to get a Big 5 Safari experience and a taste of the Garden Route? Then this 2 day return tour is the one for you! Experience a safari game drive, learn more about african elephants and explore the magnificent Cango Caves.
This tour departs on a Saturday morning and offers you the experience of searching for the Big 5, gives you the opportunity to come face to truck with an African Elephant before heading to the beautiful coastal town of Sedgefield which is entirely surrounded by lakes and sand dunes covered in fynbos. You will also have the opportunity to visit the only show cave in Africa to see the finest dripstone caverns, with their vast halls and towering formations OR see a range of endangered species before heading back into the city on Sunday afternoon.
DAY 1: CAPE TOWN TO SEDGEFIELD
SAFARI & ELEPHANT BUSH WALK
We depart the Mother City in the morning and drive out towards the gorgeous Garden Route. We start the day with a morning Safari at a Private Game Reserve in search of lions, cheetah, hippo, elephants, buffalo and many more wild animals.
We then make our way to another Private Game Reserve, Indalu, where you will have the opportunity to join for an optional Elephant Bush Walk. Indalu, the Xhosa word for ‘nature’, is set between the roaming hills and valleys and has been created as a sanctuary for a number of the gentle giants where they roam free in their natural environment.
We end the day at our accommodation in Sedgefield where you have time to sit back, relax and enjoy the African sunset.
Route & Travel time: Cape Town to Sedgefield ± 450 km (± 5 hrs)
Accommodations: Cape to Addo Backpacker House/Lodge (or similar)
Included: Game Drive Safari
Optional: Elephant Bush Walk
DAY 2: SEDGEFIELD TO CAPE TOWN - VIA ROUTE 62 & OUDTSHOORN
KLEIN KAROO, OUDTSHOORN, CANGO CAVES, ROUTE 62
This morning we head over the Outeniqua Mountains to the Karoo town of Oudtshoorn where we have 2 options to choose from:
1 - You can either choose to explore the wonders of the Cango Caves, one of the largest cave systems in the world,
2 - You can visit an Endangered Wildlife Sanctuary, home to many local and exotic endangered species.
After lunch we begin our journey back to Cape Town along the spectacular Route 62.
Route & Travel time: Sedgefield to Cape Town ± 600 km (± 7 hrs)
Included: Cango Caves (Adventure or Standard Tour) OR Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary
We will drop you off back at your original pick up point in Cape Town unless otherwise requested. There are no set / guaranteed drop off times. Drop off times can range from late afternoon to early evening and can vary between ±5pm - ±10pm.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDE
- 1 nights accommodation & bedding
- Transport in comfortable tour/mini-bus (pick up & drop off, transfers to highlights on tour)
- Qualified and registered tour guide
- 1x breakfast, 1x dinner
- Safari / Game drive at a private game reserve
- Cango Caves OR Endangered Wildlife Sanctuary
Please note that these rates are subject to change without prior notice as per the service providers. You do not have to pre book and pay for these. Just advise the guide on the day which ones you want to do and you then pay for it on the day when you are there (card).
- Elephant Bush Walk from R850-R1250 pp
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date: 95% refund
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date: 80% refund
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date: 50% refund
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”: No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refund values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
Full terms & conditions here