You don’t have much time but still want to explore the entire Garden Route? Climb aboard this 3 day tour (one way) where we go on a Big 5 Safari, visit an elephant and a monkey sanctuary, do the World’s Highest Bungee, surf in J-Bay and squeeze throught the Cango Caves!
Day 1 ǀ Cape Town to Oudtshoorn Little Karoo, Cango Caves, Wildlife Rehabilitation Ranch
We leave the Mother City behind and head into the semi-arid Little Karoo along the scenic Route 62 driving to the town of Oudtshoorn, known as the ostrich capital of the world, it is situated in a beautiful, fertile valley between the Outeniqua and Swartberg Mountains. Here you can choose between:
- The Cango Caves where we will embark on a 1-hour guided tour of the cave system to view its massive caverns and a wonderland of stalactite and stalagmite formations, millions of years old. Cango Caves is a world heritage site and one of the great wonders of the natural world. Or if you enjoy spelunking and don’t mind trying to squeeze through some smaller gaps then you are also welcome to take the 1.5 hour adventure tour!
- Go on a guided tour of the Cango Endangered Wildlife Ranch for an opportunity to pet cheetah, cage dive with crocodiles and view and learn about many rare and endangered animal species.
We then head over the Outeniqua Mountains to the lush coastal region known as the Garden Route where we will head to the beach town of Sedgefield where we spend our first night. If time allows we will also head to the beach for a swim in the Indian Ocean.
Accommodation: Cape to Addo Backpacker dorm: Sedgefield
Facilities: Shared ablutions, internet, pool, entertainment areas, free shuttle service to PiliPili Beach bar
Route: Cape Town – Oudtshoorn – Sedgefield 520km
Travel time: ±6.5 hrs
Included Highlights: Standard or adventure guided tour of Cango Caves OR Cango Endangered Wildlife ranch
Day 2 ǀ Sedgefield – Jeffrey’s Bay Monkey Sanctuary, Elephant Sanctuary, Kloofing, Bloukrans Bungee & Tsitsikamma National Park
This morning we drive through Knysna on our way to the Crags where you have a number of options to choose from:
- Elephant Sanctuary where you learn about, and interact with orphaned elephants.
- Monkey Sanctuary where rescued monkeys roam free in a large jungle area.
Our next stop is the World’s highest commercial Bungee Jump at 216 meters where you have the opportunity to experience this adrenalin pumping activity. Finally, to end the day we take a beautiful walk through the indigenous Tsitsikamma National Park to the Storms river swing bridges before we head to the famous surfing town of Jeffreys Bay where we stay at a backpackers directly on the beach.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Route: Sedgefield to Jeffreys Bay 220km
Travel time: ±3 hrs
Included Highlight: Tsitsikamma Forest
Optional Activities: Elephant Sanctuary OR Monkeyland, Bloukrans bungee jump (216m), Bloukrans Bridge walking tour
Day 3 ǀ Jeffrey’s Bay – Addo National Park – Sedgefield Game Drive (Addo), Surfing, shopping time (Jeffrey’s bay)
There are 2 options to choose from this morning.
- Sleep in and take some time in the morning to explore the towns many surf factory shops, or go for a surf lesson in one of the most famous surf spots on earth.
- Wake up early and head to Addo Elephant National park where we go on a morning game drive to view the multitudes of wild animals. Addo is home to the Big 5 and it also has the highest concentration of African Elephants in the world!
Route: Jbay – Addo NP – PE/Jbay
Travel time: ±6 hrs Included Highlight: Jeffrey’s Bay/Addo Entrance & Game Dive with Cape to Addo Guide
Optional Activities: Surf Lessons, Shopping OR Addo Game Drive with SANP (morning)
This is where the 3 Day One Way to PE/ Jbay/ Knysna will end
Included in the price:
- All accommodation + bedding
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- All transport in vehicle with AC, CD player and reclining seats
- Tsitsikamma National Park
- Cango Caves OR Cango Wildlife ranch entry fee
- Stop at Jeffrey’s Bay
- Addo Entrance & Game Drive with Cape to Addo Guide
|End||Jeffreys Bay or Port Elizabeth|
|Meals||2 x Breakfasts & 2 x Dinners|
|Price||From R4100 per person ( Backpacker Standard room) / Price Match Guarantee|