Experience an exhilarating ride on a fully automated 4 wheeled Quad Bike (ATV) down the Atlantis Dunes, just outside of Cape Town up the beautiful West Coast of South Africa. The Atlantis sand dunes are situated northwest of Cape Town and is an important conservation area protecting the Atlantis Aquifer which supplies water to the Atlantis area. An awe inspiring setting for an amazing experience which shows off amazing soft white sand that reaches up to 50 meters high. No prior experience is needed as our riding instructor will be there to guide you.
Please note: We need a minimum of 2 guests in order to operate a trip (subject to availability). Please check with us if there are already trips confirmed that you can join on with if you are only 1 guest/pax.
50 min - 1 hour (excl briefing)
Atlantis sand dunes
Atlantis sand dunes
R 820.00 per person - 2020
West Coast Atlantis sand dunes
Qualified instructor, all equipment - Quad Bike hire & fuel, entrances to dunes
All items of a personal nature, tips, meals, refreshments, transport
What to bring:
Sun block, sun hat, comfortable shoes, water
Cape Xtreme offers its Quad Bike tours just 45-60 minutes away from the center of Cape Town. The Atlantis Dunes, 27 square kilometers of pure white sand dunes, sometimes reaching the height of a six-storey building.The dunes are a protected, completely unspoiled area. Be prepared to be gob-smacked, even though you might be covered in sand!
The Guided Tours take you through these open dunes that are very reminiscent of those found in the Namibian desert, with beautifully white sand and dunes undulated by the wind.
We try and accommodate parties of all sizes, with off season callouts ranging from 2 to 12 people in one session. This size limitation is for safety reasons as larger groups will require additional guides. In most cases larger groups unfortunately have to be split up and done in multiple rotations.
For corporate functions and large parties, we can accommodate more than 60 people in a single day. Due to the safety limits we only take 12 people at a time on 30 min rotations, depending on how much time you are wanting to spend.
Duration: 50 min - 1 hour (excl. briefing).
When: 7 days a week. All year round except Christmas Day and Sunday afternoons only on special request to large groups.
Where: Atlantis sand dunes.
Weather: Weather very seldom stops our Quad Biking activities at Atlantis dunes. Severe sandstorms and heavy rain are very rare occurrences. Your guides receive on site up to date weather reports. Weather in Cape Town is often more severe than at the Atlantis dunes.
What to Wear: Comfortable clothing.
Things to Bring: Sunscreen, hat, camera, water.
Guests or Spectators: Only paying guests allowed. No spectators.
Minimum Age: Kids under 12 years have to be booked as a ride-along. Normal Quad Biking rates apply for ride-alongs. Ride-alongs must still be booked as ride-alongs so we can ensure we have enough experienced guides on the Quad Bike tour to cater for the ride-alongs. In the interests of client safety, we would prefer that clients over 12 who participate as ride-alongs travel with a guide who is an experienced dune rider. Children under 12 may still travel with their parents as long as they are experienced Quad Bike operators. Children under 5 are too small to participate in Quad Biking unless special harnesses are provided by the clients. The guide however reserves the right to change ride-along arrangements in the interests of client safety.
Minimum Height: 0.0 m
Maximum Height: 0.0 m
Minimum Weight: 0 kg
Maximum Weight: 160.0 kg
Fitness Level: No Fitness Requirement
Qualifications: No Experience Required. This Activity Takes Place "At Your Own Risk"
Certification: None Required
Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: Professional and highly experienced guides, access to the dunes (for which people must purchase day Permits to drive on the dunes), reliable and easy to operate Quad Bike hire & fuel, helmets in multiple sizes, hair nets for use in helmets, goggles (on request), safety briefing.
Exclusions: Refreshments, meals, transport, all items of personal nature, tips.
Kindly ensure you arrive at the venue 30 minutes before your Quad Bike tour departure time. Should you arrive later than the tour departure time, your tour may be forfeited and not refunded or rescheduled.
· Are there any toilet facilities?
Yes there are, but not what most would consider amazing. If possible it is suggested that you make use of toilet facilities before leaving your point of departure or at a petrol station that you pass on your way here
· How long is the tour?
Our 1 hour tours usually run for around 50mins. This is due to the fact that we need to do a safety briefing before we go out, get you onto your bikes and start them up. This process usually takes 10-15 mins.
· What happens if you are late?
If you inform us as soon as you know you are going to be late, and we have a gap in our schedule after your booking we can usually accommodate. If we get no warning or if we are booked immediately after your booking, then unfortunately any time lost will be sacrificed and we will take you on as much of the tour as we can in the time available
· What kind of bikes will you be riding?
You will be riding 250cc Suzuki LTZ 250 Quad Bikes. They are Semi – Automatic Quad Bikes that allow you to drive over every possible dune in the facility with ease, with the only input the driver needs to put in is gas, brakes and steer.
· Are the bikes difficult to ride?
The bikes are very stable and make it easy for even first time riders who usually need only 10 minutes on the Quad Bike to learn how to control it. We cater the course according to the skill of the combined group and drive at the pace that suits the abilities shown by the riders.
- You will be required to wear your mask.
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date: 100% credit as Travel Credit voucher / 95% refund*
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date: 100% credit as Travel Credit voucher / 80% refund*
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date: 50% refund*
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”: No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refunds and Travel Credit voucher values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
* This option may be selected up till 7 days prior to your start / departure date. The voucher should be used within a 24 month period from the issue date unless stated otherwise. Where a Travel Credit voucher option is selected, payment in FULL must be made to Cape Xtreme if the booking was made through a Travel Agent. Please be advised that a Travel Credit voucher is selected instead of a cancellation charge and will result in no refunds being issued. After the Travel Credit voucher has been selected no further alterations can be made / no refunds will be issued should you make any changes again.
* Please be sure to read through our full terms & conditions here: www.capextreme.com/terms