Please note/be advised:
- Date and time slot selected might not be guaranteed / available. Should it happen that the date and/or time slot you have selected is not available we will let you know immediately and advise alternative availability.
- Meeting time is 30 min prior to your booked time.
Eg. If you are booked for 9:30 am , you need to be there by 9:00 am.
- We require a minimum of 2 guests in order to operate a trip (subject to availability). Please check with us if there are already trips confirmed that you can joing on with if you are only 1 guest/pax.
Hit the trail on 4-wheeled Quad Bike (ATV) adrenaline machines for the ultimate fun of Quad biking on the off-road 4x4 trails of Melkbos, just outside of Cape Town, up the beautiful West Coast of South Africa.
50 min - 1 hour (excl briefing)
Start & End point:
“Ogieskraal” farm just outside Melkbos
R 700.00 per person - 13 Years and older ride own bike
R 350.00 per person - 4 to 12 years ride-along with guide/parents
Professional and highly experienced guides/instructor, administration, full safety briefing as well as a visual and verbal riding demonstration conducted by a trained and experienced instructor, all equipment - Quad Bike hire & fuel, helmets, hairnets.
All items of a personal nature, tips, meals, refreshments, transport
What to bring:
Sun block, sun hat, comfortable shoes, water
Explore our off-road trails on a quad bike, come and experience an exhilarating ride near Melkbosstrand, just 30-45 minutes away from the centre of Cape Town. Sand trails that run over and around hills on our 4x4 trails makes this loads of fun for the outdoor enthusiast.
All trips are Guided and we will look after you the whole route. Quad Bikes are easy to ride automatic bikes suitable for everyone.
We cater for any group size and this is a great adventure as a corporate functions and/or team building event. All you need to bring is your sense of Adventure.
Duration: 50 min - 1 hour (excl. briefing).
When: 7 days a week. All year round except Christmas Day.
Summer months (October – April):
8:90 / 9:30 / 10:30 / 11:30 / 12:30 / 13:30 / 14:30 / 15:30 / 16:30 start time
Winter months (May – September):
10:30 / 11:30 / 12:30 / 13:30 / 14:30 / 15:30 start times
Where: “Ogieskraal” farm just outside Melkbos
Weather: Weather very seldom stops our Quad Biking activities. Severe sandstorms and heavy rain are rare occurrences. Your guides receive on site up to date weather reports. Weather in Cape Town is often more severe than at the trails.
What to Wear: Comfortable clothing.
Things to Bring: Sunscreeat, camera, water.
Guests or Spectators: Only pan, hying guests allowed. No spectators.
Minimum Age: Children 12 and younger (so 4-12) have to be booked as ride-alongs and travel/ride with a quad bike guide/parents. Children under 4 are too small to participate in Quad biking. The guide reserves the right to change ride-along arrangements in the interests of client safety.
Minimum Height: 0.0 m
Maximum Height: 0.0 m
Minimum Weight: 0 kg
Maximum Weight: 110.0 kg
Fitness Level: No Fitness Requirement
Qualifications: No Experience Required. This Activity Takes Place "At Your Own Risk"
Certification: None Required
Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: Professional and highly experienced guides/instructor, full safety briefing as well as a visual and verbal riding demonstration conducted by a trained and experienced instructor, all equipment - Quad Bike hire & fuel, helmets, hairnets.
Exclusions: Refreshments, meals, transport, all items of personal nature, tips.
Kindly ensure you arrive at the venue 30 minutes before your Quad Bike tour departure time. Should you arrive later than the tour departure time, your tour may be forfeited and not refunded or rescheduled.
· Are there any toilet facilities?
Yes there are, but not what most would consider amazing. If possible it is suggested that you make use of toilet facilities before leaving your point of departure or at a petrol station that you pass on your way here.
· How long is the tour?
The 1 hour tours usually run for around 50 mins. This is due to the fact that we need to do a safety briefing before we go out, get you onto your bikes and start them up. This process usually takes 10-15 mins.
· What happens if you are late?
Please make sure you leave your destination early enough to arrive on time (allow more travel time) and try to account for any possible unforeseen travel delays. If you are late you could end up losing time on your ride (shorter ride) OR you could miss out on your ride COMPLETELY and your booking will be seen as a 'no show' resulting in NO refund. Quad Bike is VERY busy and they will not be able to allow extra time as they have other rides/groups booked.
· What kind of bikes will you be riding?
Most are Semi – Automatic Quad Bikes that allow you to drive over every possible dune in the facility with ease, with the only input the driver needs to put in is gas, brakes and steer.
· Are the bikes difficult to ride?
The bikes are very stable and make it easy for even first time riders who usually need only 10 minutes on the Quad Bike to learn how to control it. We cater the course according to the skill of the combined group and drive at the pace that suits the abilities shown by the riders.
Should you (the client) damage the quad bike by driving into another quad bike or obstruction or ‘roll-it’, you shall be held liable and be required to pay for the damages as determined by the guide on duty before you leave the activity area. Should there be a dispute between the 2 parties, the hirer of the equipment shall nonetheless pay for the damages before leaving the activity area. The owners of the quad bikes will provide invoices for the replacement parts and labour with-in 14 days and provide the hirer a refund if damages claimed is more than then damage sustained.
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date:
100% credit as Travel Credit / 95% refund
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date:
100% credit as Travel Credit / 80% refund
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date:
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”:
No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refunds and Travel Credit values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
* The Travel Credit option may be selected up till 7 days prior to your start / departure date. The travel credit should be used within a 24 month period from the issue date unless stated otherwise. Where a travel credit option is selected, payment in FULL must be made to Cape Xtreme if the booking was made through a Travel Agent. Please be advised that a travel credit is selected instead of a cancellation charge and will result in no refunds being issued. After the travel credit has been selected no further alterations can be made / no refunds will be issued should you make any changes again.
* Please be sure to read through our full terms & conditions here: www.capextreme.com/terms