Please note: We need a minimum of 3-4 guests in order to operate a trip (subject to availability). Please check with us if there are already trips confirmed that you can join on with if you are less than 3-4 guest/pax.
Experience the exhilarating fun of Sandboarding down the Atlantis Dunes just outside of Cape Town, up the beautiful West Coast of South Africa. The Atlantis sand dunes are an important conservation area protecting the Atlantis Aquifer which supplies water to the Atlantis area. It is an awe-inspiring setting for an amazing experience which shows off amazing soft white sand that reaches up to 50 meters high.
This half-day adventure takes you through the basics of sand boarding, from learning how to stand up and gain balance to cruising down the dunes at speeds that will get your adrenaline flowing! No prior experience is needed as our guides will show you the ropes and any physically fit person will be sure to enjoy sandboarding.
Approx 4½ hours (incl. travel time and briefing)
Start & End point
Pickup & drop off from City Bowl areas
Atlantis sand dunes
(depending on booking incl. or excl. transport)
R 990.00 per person - Including transport
R 860.00 per person - Excluding transport
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Please enquire for alternative days to above mentioned departures
West Coast/Atlantis sand dunes
Transport (if paid for transported option), qualified instructor, light snack & refreshment, all equipment, entrance to the dunes
Transport (if paid for self drive option), all items of a personal nature, tips
What to bring
Sun glasses, sun block, hat, long socks, closed shoes, extra refreshments
This half day adventure takes you through the basics of sand boarding, from learning how to stand up and gain balance to cruising down the dunes at high speeds that will get your adrenaline flowing! This is not as hard as you may initially think, so don’t worry if you have no previous experience with snow boarding or other board sports, our guides will show you everything you need to know to ensure you have an awesome day out on the dunes!
Upon arrival at the Atlantis Sand dunes, just 45 minutes out of Cape Town, you will receive a safety briefing before showing you the basics of Sandboarding and then the fun begins . . . cruising and carving at speed down steep sand dunes!
Duration: Approx 4½ hours (incl travel time and briefing)
When: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Where: Pickup & Drop offs in City Bowl areas (if paid for transported option) OR Meet at Atlantis Sand Dunes (if paid for self drive option).
Things to Bring: Sun glasses, sun block, hat, long socks, closed shoes, extra refreshments.
Minimum Age: 7 years
Pregnancy Policy: Moms to be: We apologise, this tour is not for you while you are pregnant
Minimum Height: 0.0 m
Maximum Height: 0.0 m
Minimum Weight: Not Applicable
Maximum Weight: Not Applicable
Fitness Level: Average
Qualifications: N/A. This Activity Takes Place "At Your Own Risk"
Certification: N/A. This Activity Takes Place "At Your Own Risk"
Experience Level: N/A. This Activity Takes Place "At Your Own Risk"
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: Transport (if paid for transported option), qualified instructor, light snack & refreshment, all equipment, entrances to the dunes.
Exclusions: Transport (if paid for self drive option), all items of a personal nature, tips.
If you are booked for the self drive option (excluding transport), kindly ensure you arrive at the venue 15-30 minutes before your tour departure/start time. Should you arrive later than the tour departure time, your tour may be forfeited and not refunded or rescheduled.
· Are there any toilet facilities?
Yes there are, but not what most would consider amazing. If possible it is suggested that you make use of toilet facilities before leaving your point of departure or at a petrol station that you pass on your way here.
· What happens if you are late?
If you inform us as soon as you know you are going to be late, and we have a gap in our schedule after your booking we can usually accommodate. If we get no warning or if we are booked immediately after your booking, then unfortunately any time lost will be sacrificed and we will take you on as much of the tour as we can in the time available or you could lose out on your trip entirely.
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date:
100% credit as Travel Credit / 95% refund
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date:
100% credit as Travel Credit / 80% refund
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date:
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”:
No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refunds and Travel Credit values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
* The Travel Credit option may be selected up till 7 days prior to your start / departure date. The travel credit should be used within a 24 month period from the issue date unless stated otherwise. Where a travel credit option is selected, payment in FULL must be made to Cape Xtreme if the booking was made through a Travel Agent. Please be advised that a travel credit is selected instead of a cancellation charge and will result in no refunds being issued. After the travel credit has been selected no further alterations can be made / no refunds will be issued should you make any changes again.
* Please be sure to read through our full terms & conditions here: www.capextreme.com/terms