See the Cape Peninsula in all its glory as we touch on all the highlights that Cape Town has to offer in one full day! This tour is perfect for travelers with the desire to see, taste, learn and experience something different from the norm. We try and show all the unique histories, cultures and people that make Cape Town, Cape Town.
From a walk along the cobbled stone streets of Bo Kaap to learn about the rich history of the colorful area before we drive along the beautiful Chapmans Peak into the Cape Point National Park for a short hike to view where the currents of the Atlantic and Indian oceans meet, visit the Cape of GoodHope known as the Southernmost point of Africa, explore Boulders beach where the cutest penguins roam free, enjoy lunch like locals at a fish n chips restaurant and stop for a taste of award winning wines at Groot Constantia which is the oldest wine estate in SA.
Approx 8 hours (full day tour)
Lunch and refreshment in Kalk Bay
Pickup in City Bowl areas
Drop off in City Bowl areas
R 1 200.00 per person - 2020
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays
07:00 – 08:00 (winter) & 06:00 – 07:00 (summer)
Please enquire for group rates and/or alternative days to above mentioned departure days
Camps Bay, Hout Bay, Chapmans Peak, Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, Boulders Beach Penguin colony, Boyes Drive, Constantia
All transport, qualified guide, Cape of Good Hope entrance, Boulders Beach from boardwalk, lunch and refreshment in Kalk Bay
All items of a personal nature, tips, Boulders Beach Entrance (R170 - optional), Wine Tasting (from R85 - optional)
What to bring
Sun block, hat, comfortable walking shoes, warm top
This Peninsula Tour has been designed specifically with the youth traveller in mind. Those travellers especially with the desire to see, taste, learn and experience something different from the norm. We try to show all the unique histories, cultures and people that make Cape Town, Cape Town. Along the way we walk the cobbled streets of the Bo Kaap, hike from the fabled Cape of Good Hope to The Cape Point Lighthouse, view the Penguins at Boulders Beach, enjoy a meal with the locals in Kalk Bay Harbour, and end the day off by tasting some of the best wine The Cape has to offer (optional – extra cost).
We begin the morning with a leisurely stroll along the cobbled streets and brightly coloured houses of the Bokaap before heading through the exclusive seaside suburbs of Clifton and Campsbay where we have a short photo stop. We then carry on along Victoria drive, through Houtbay and along the scenic Chapmans Peak Drive eventually arriving at The Cape of Good hope Nature Reserve where we have a 40 minute hike from the most south west tip of Africa, Cape of Good Hope to the Cape Point Lighthouse. We then start driving north to Boulder Beach Penguin colony, where you can view them from the boardwalk and, should you wish, go inside to view them even closer (optional extra; entrance R170)! By this stage you would have built up quite an appetite. We stop for a traditional Cape lunch of fish ‘n chips in the old Kalk Bay harbour where the local fishing community goes back generations. After everyone has had their fill, we stop briefly at the Shark Spotter, entrusted by the local surfers of Muizenberg to look out for Great White Sharks. We then travel through the lush Constantia Valley to the oldest wine farm outside of Europe for a relaxing end of the day wine tasting experience (optional extra; from R85) where we also learn about the history of farming in the Cape in beautiful surroundings.
Duration: Approx 8 hours (full day tour)
When: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays 07:00 – 08:00 (winter) & 06:00 – 07:00 (summer)
Where: Pickup & Drop offs in City Bowl areas
Things to Bring: Sun block, hat, comfortable walking shoes, warm top
Minimum Age: 8 years
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: All transport, qualified guide, Cape of Good Hope entrance, Boulders Beach from boardwalk, lunch and refreshment in Kalk Bay
Exclusions: All items of a personal nature, tips, Boulders Beach Entrance (R170 - optional), Wine Tasting (from R85 - optional)
- You will be required to wear your mask.
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date: 100% credit as Travel Credit voucher / 95% refund*
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date: 100% credit as Travel Credit voucher / 80% refund*
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date: 50% refund*
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”: No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refunds and Travel Credit voucher values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
* This option may be selected up till 7 days prior to your start / departure date. The voucher should be used within a 24 month period from the issue date unless stated otherwise. Where a Travel Credit voucher option is selected, payment in FULL must be made to Cape Xtreme if the booking was made through a Travel Agent. Please be advised that a Travel Credit voucher is selected instead of a cancellation charge and will result in no refunds being issued. After the Travel Credit voucher has been selected no further alterations can be made / no refunds will be issued should you make any changes again.
* Please be sure to read through our full terms & conditions here: www.capextreme.com/terms