The Western Cape is a world renowned wine region, recognised internationally for its fine wines and it is a popular destination for wine connoisseurs from around the world.
While the Cape’s famed winelands have spread to Stellenbosch, Paarl, Franschhoek and beyond, it all began in Constantia valleys with a wine-making tradition which spans over more than 300 years, the Constantia Valley and its surrounds is the oldest wine-producing region in the Southern Hemisphere, its picturesque farms still producing world class, award-winning wines. Our wine tour emphasises the culture of this tradition and takes you through the history and traditions of wine making.
This Wine Tour is different, something memorable, immensely fun, but mostly a real South African experience in the heart of the wine lands. A must if you want to experience the best of everything the winelands has to offer, learn about winemaking history, indulge in local treats and share stories with our people.
You will get to visit iconic estates. BUT even better... as you will also get to taste the wine lands in a more real way. A diversity of different farms in different regions like Stellenbosch etc, share stories with the locals, endless cheese tastings, local treats, chocolate and wine pairings, cellar tour, vineyard walk and of course numerous wines. This is what we pride ourselves in.
Approx 9.5 hours (full day)
Pickup in City Bowl areas
Drop off in City Bowl areas
R 1 200.00 per person
Mondays to Sundays
Franschhoek & Stellenbosch
Transport, visit 4 wine estates, cheese pairing, local treats of cured meats paired with selected wines, artisanal chocolate pairing, lunch, cellar and vineyard tour, teaching us how wine is made, how to taste wine, food and wine pairing, what bottle to order at restaurants, troll down the beautiful main road of Franschhoek.
All items of a personal nature, all other meals and drinks and items of a personal nature., snacks, souvenirs, tips
What to bring
Be sure to bring your own cloth face mask, sunglasses, camera and some sunscreen.
Start the morning off with a guided drive to Stellenbosch and visit our first farm which is a boutique wine estate with stunning views of the Stellenbosch mountains and experience intimate cheese & wine pairing with the wine maker when she is around. We head to the cuisine capital of SA, Franschhoek. We visit our second farm situated on the foot of the mountains for a world class wine tasting experience. Followed by a beautiful lunch and wine tasting at yet another award-winning estate. In Franschhoek you will have the chance to walk off your lunch, strolling down the main road. We head back over the stunning mountains to Stellenbosch for a guided drive through historic Stellenbosch and onto our last farm for a cellar tour, wine and chocolate pairing. Filled up and merry, we head back to Cape Town to be home at about 18:00pm.
Duration: Approx 9.5 hours.
When: Mondays to Sundays subject to availability of the estates.
Where: Please let us know where you are staying in Cape Town and we’ll confirm with an estimated pick up time. Please note that due to logistics and traffic in the morning our pickups range from Campsbay, Bantry Bay, Seapoint, Greenpoint, City Centre, Woodstock, Observatory up till Rondebosch. If you are staying outside of these areas, please ask us for a central meeting point.
What to Wear: Dress comfortably as you will be going up into a couple of cellars and they have a few flights of stairs to experience the wine making processes as well as to taste directly from a barrel (subject to availability) at your lunch estate.
Things to Bring: Be sure to bring your own cloth face mask, sunglasses, camera and some sunscreen.
Guests or Spectators: Only paying guests will be allowed on the tour.
Minimum Age: 18 years
Minimum Height: 0.0 m
Maximum Height: 0.0 m
Fitness Level: No Fitness Requirement
Qualifications: Not Applicable
Minimum Weight: 0 kg
Maximum Weight: 0 kg
Certification: None Required
Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions: A cellar tour, all wine tastings paired with customized cheese, chocolate and cured meats, as well as lunch are included.
• We visit 4 different wine estates in both regions (famous farms and some hidden gems only known to locals).
• Pair a variety of locally produced, world-class cheeses.
• Cellar and vineyard tour, teaching us how wine is made, how to taste wine, food and wine pairing, what bottle to order at restaurants.
• A beautiful light lunch is served in the middle of the wine lands overlooking the Franschhoek valley.
• A diverse range of wine styles.
• Local treats of cured meats paired with selected wines.
• Artisanal chocolate (Fair trade accredited) paired with different wines.
• Stroll down the beautiful main road of Franschhoek.
Exclusions: All other meals and drinks and items of a personal nature.
Itinerary is subject to the wine estates’ availability on the day.
We accommodate up to 13 guests per vehicle. Bigger groups would be quoted on enquiry!
- You will be required to wear your mask.
General/Standard cancellation policy
- Cancellation outside 14 days prior to tour date: 100% credit as Travel Credit voucher / 95% refund*
- Cancellation 14-7 days prior to tour date: 100% credit as Travel Credit voucher / 80% refund*
- Cancellation 3-6 days prior to tour date: 50% refund*
- Cancellation 2 days prior to tour date, late arrivals or “no show”: No refund / Full fee charged
* The general / standard cancellation policy applies to all products excluding specific Packages, Kruger Tours and Private/Custom made tours.
* All transaction / transfer fees and/or forex conversion costs charged by the banks during the refund process will be billed to you (client).
* Refunds and Travel Credit voucher values are calculated in our local ZAR (South African Rand) currency. Transaction values in your own currency could be affected due to bank fees and currency exchange fluctuations. Refunds are usually made back to the original source of payment method.
* This option may be selected up till 7 days prior to your start / departure date. The voucher should be used within a 24 month period from the issue date unless stated otherwise. Where a Travel Credit voucher option is selected, payment in FULL must be made to Cape Xtreme if the booking was made through a Travel Agent. Please be advised that a Travel Credit voucher is selected instead of a cancellation charge and will result in no refunds being issued. After the Travel Credit voucher has been selected no further alterations can be made / no refunds will be issued should you make any changes again.
* Please be sure to read through our full terms & conditions here: www.capextreme.com/terms